The Department of General Services (DGS) is recruiting for a chief (IT Manager I) of the Enterprise Services Section, with responsibility for planning, organizing and directing the team that provides services to all DGS offices.
The chief works within the domains of Business Technology Management, IT Project Management and Software Engineering in the Enterprise Technology Solutions (ETS) Section.
- Establishes and participates in ETS’ technology strategic planning by managing the business operations of the section.
- Develops and analyzes performance and capacity reports related to software solutions by utilizing project management, communication and negotiation.
- Coordinates interdepartmental project activities and resource needs with fellow section chiefs and programs in order to deliver effective new solutions for DGS customers, leveraging cloud-based platforms to ensure project management best practices are in line with DGS strategic goals.
- Reviews feasibility and technical design documents in order to determine soundness and comprehensiveness of analysis, and pertinence of the platform and solution selected.
- Writes and provides oversight to staff in the development of procurement contracts and interagency agreements in order to produce statements of work and vendor evaluation criteria and guidelines.
Applicants must submit a Statement of Qualifications, including:
- Describe your experience establishing an enterprise services strategy and road map to align with business strategy and goals.
- Describe your experience assessing and recommending right-fit enterprise solutions.
- Describe your experience managing implementation of ServiceNow product suites with specific details on modules.
- Describe your experience managing cross-functional and diverse skilled teams.
- List some of the common roles across the enterprise that you have worked with in your role as manager.
This position is eligible for telework up to three days a week, and the incumbent will be required to report to the office a minimum of two days a week. The incumbent must reside in California upon appointment.
The role has a monthly salary range of $8,591 to $11,512, and the application deadline is Nov. 30.