The Data Scientist will manage all facets of Big Ticket operations, supporting the DMM of Big Ticket and the central merchandising team in the coordination and execution of all aspects of the business.
- Oversee all aspects of customer service for the furniture business, including the coordination of service efforts by stores, MCCS, and the central merchandising team, to ensure the highest standard of service is provided to our internal and external customers.
- Coordinate the communication and implementation of all Big Ticket Policies & Procedures, as well as necessary amendments and updates.
- Coordinate with all store line Sales, Operational, and Visual Management teams to always ensure maintenance of brand standards.
- Coordinate maximum utilization of Macy’s corporate support teams including MCCS, MLO, MST, legal AND Special Order team.
- Onboarding of new vendors and training of existing when necessary. Serve as a liaison between Merchant team/Warehouse Team and Vendors (includes EDI, Packaging, shipping, Vendor Set up sheets, QC contro l, NEW LVI Vendors Vetting, and technical warehouse related issues.
- Partner with RDS team as merchant liaison needed to rollout system enhancements and course correct issues to end users.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to ensure all floor sets are successfully coordinated between the central merchandising team, vendors, Store Operations, Visual, MLO, and the Selling Managers in all locations.
- Work closely with MLO to achieve appropriate service levels, including adequate delivery availability, effective line hauls and minimal fails and damages.
- Coordinate efforts between central merchandising and Visual to create and communicate the necessary Visual Directives to support setting the floor for all seasonal and quarterly changes, as well as any special events.
- Create and maintain a current CAD database for all furniture and mattress floor plans .
- Create and distribute furniture and mattress floor plans with all relevant information to support furniture division initiatives and new projects, including space concept sand square footage analysis.
- Coordinate with Buying Teams to consolidate and present ground intelligence from stores. Independently visit stores in person and virtually to ensure execution of central standards and directives and make sure we present the best visually. Create actionable recaps from the visits.
- Coordination with buying teams and Sign Shop on in-store promotional event signage, ensuring submissions are correct and all signs proofed for accuracy.
- Partner with Buying Team to create and distribute assortment directives to all stores.
- Coordinate with Central Visual teams on merchandising initiatives and standards for all stores.
- In store vendor shops. Work with external partners to program out and coordinate in store installation, within respective brand standards.
- Partner with Customer Care team to manage Worry No More Protection Plan for the stores
- Serve as a system liaison/SOCR RDS for stores and central partners
- Coordinate onboarding of new Business and General Managers
Qualifications and Competencies:
Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to develop, plan, and execute strategies
- Ability to lead and manage complex projects
- Effectively interact with all levels of management
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with Vectorworks/CAD programs, Sketch-up, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop a plus
- Requires periods of walking, standing, communicating, reaching, crouching and climbing ladders
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs