About the job
Job Title: Operations Manager
Job type: Full time / Permanent
We are excited to be working with a dynamic and rapidly growing family-owned business in the Preston to recruit an operations manager with a strong background in FMCG food manufacturing, specifically field to folk meat processing. This role has been created as a result of continued growth and further expansion plans. Gafoor is a key player in their sector operating in a modern, BRC accredited facility supplying some of the biggest and most progressive names in the grocery, retail, and wholesale sector on a national basis.
About the role:
Reporting directly to the general manager, the operations manager will be accountable for the processing and manufacturing operation across the site with KPI and budgetary responsibility.
The operation involves the full cycle from live intake through to distribution of finished and packed product from the company’s manufacturing site, employing 300 team members. The successful candidate will require a flexible approach to their working hours in order to oversee and provide direction for teams working on a range of shift patterns and occasionally at weekends.
The overall focus of the role will be to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the operation, supporting the production managers in the day-to-day running of the operation to maximise efficiencies by minimising down time and waste, managing staffing levels and overseeing quality. Working with the cross functional management team, the position will also contribute to the development and implementation of organisational strategies, policies and practices.
- Actively lead and participate in lean manufacturing improvements and site continuous improvement plans.
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees and that all areas meet the highest standards of Health & Safety.
- Ensure standards of quality, food safety, hygiene and housekeeping are consistently maintained.
- Support and implement change processes in line with business developments and opportunities.
- Coach and develop the management team to deliver exceptional results for the organisation.
- Training and performance management of individuals within the operation and ensure the necessary skills are in place at all levels.
- Attend all meetings and deliver monthly board packs regarding targets, figures and forecasting.
- Create and maintain positive employee relations; working closely with the board to realise our aim of becoming the local employer of choice in food production and manufacturing.
- Analyse, evaluate, and manage various plant performance indicators, such as line efficiencies, budget variance and product quality measures.
- Be an active member of the company’s leadership team and play a key role in shaping the day to day management and culture of the wider team.
The candidate must have skills and experiences in the following areas:
- Proven leadership skills in a large manufacturing operation with a multicultural workforce Proven track record of achieving results
- A comprehensive understanding of manufacturing processes, enabling the development of a medium and long term continuous performance improvement strategy, covering all aspects of the operation
- Significant experience operating to BRC standards
- The skills to act as a mentor in developing potential in other business functions and managers
- Proven ability to forecast requirements, analyse and understand variances
- A commercial outlook with excellent numerical capability
- Understanding of UK labor laws and ability to challenge under performance
- Proficient in MS Office; preferably with knowledge of CRM systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Problem-solving and decision-making
Please Note: No sponsorship or relocation packages will be available for this position so all candidates must be eligible to both live and work in the UK to be considered.
If you are seeking the chance to join a well-established company at an exciting stage in their growth, please click the APPLY button to send your CV in for immediate consideration.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Operations Manager, Programme Management, Project Operations Manager, Operations, Senior Project Manager, Membership Manager may also be considered for this role.