For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewelry, and eyewear.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up “The Greenhouse”, which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalyzed by forward-thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners, and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and a signatory of the Women’s Empowerment Principles.
What you’ll be doing
Our Operations Specialist will play a pivotal role as part of The Greenhouse core team in Saudi. Reporting to the Ventures Director, you will work with an agile and dynamic team, be a change driver, and be driven to achieve success for our new hub in Riyadh. Your mission will be to create the right bridges between The Greenhouse KSA and local ‘ecosystems’ and to set the foundation for the Startup Studio.
– Support management with the development of the Saudi strategy for the Greenhouse Startup Studio.
– Play a pivotal role in executing the strategy in Saudi.
– Identify and engage with startups, entrepreneurs, and relevant stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
– Facilitate networking and collaboration opportunities among startups and ecosystem players.
– Track and measure the impact and success of ecosystem-building efforts.
– Support in building The Greenhouse equity both internally and externally.
– Identify opportunities for Startups to be built within the startup studio in Saudi aligned with our investment thesis.
– Conduct industry overview to support the direction of startups to build.
– Identify potential Entrepreneurs in Residence to join us as Founders.
– Provide mentorship, guidance, and tangible support to startups in their growth journey [i.e be their partner within their incubation phase].
– Develop a partner hub of Freelancers/mentors/experts who will bring hands-on support to each startup.
– Establish and maintain relationships with investors, incubators, accelerators, and other ecosystem partners to complete the solidify the startup studio offer during and post-incubation.
What you’ll need to succeed
– You are an Arabic Speaker.
– You are familiar with lean startup methodologies and practices.
– You possess a comprehensive understanding of the startup ecosystem, including familiarity with the key players, trends, and dynamics within the industry in Saudi Arabia.
– You have the ability to navigate the startup landscape and are knowledgeable in various stages of startup development, funding options, and growth strategies.
– You have a proven track record in building and maintaining strong relationships with Entrepreneurs, industry experts, venture capitalists (VCs), and investors.
– You have the ability to serve as a strategic partner to the Founders of the startup studio, providing valuable insights, guidance, and expertise in developing and executing business strategies.
– You have the ability to contribute to decision-making processes, identify growth opportunities and offer support in scaling and expanding the studio’s portfolio of startups.
– You possess a deep understanding of the financial and operational aspects of startups and businesses (proficiency in financial modeling, budgeting, forecasting, and resource allocation).
– You possess excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate, and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Department STRATEGY, GROWTH, INNOVATION & INVESTMENT