Service Operations Analyst – Major Incident and Problem Management
Full Time, 37 hours per week
Up to £38,403 per annum
Working Style: Anywhere worker
Closing Date: 25th January 2023
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda – one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We’re immensely proud of our flexible working options.
Technology Services is focused on ensuring current and future investment in technology to maximise the opportunities to support the Council from a technological perspective. Bringing a new focus to understanding and supporting the business functions will be key in exploiting technology to deliver positive business outcomes. Service Management is a vital element ensuring TS Services are delivered to provide continuity of operation to agreed levels of service in support of business operations.
The Service Operations Analyst is accountable for managing the major incidents for urgent and high business impacting incidents, ensuring that customer communications, triage, 3rd party escalations and service resolution are all managed with urgency, care & professionalism. The Service Operations Analyst is responsible for owning problem resolution, working collaboratively across multiple departments to identify root cause; identify, record, and resolve problems.
· Responsible for initiating and monitoring actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems, processes and services. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures to assure continuity and avoid disruption to business services ensuring high level of customer satisfaction
· Responsible for engaging proactively and collaboratively with suppliers to resolve incidents, problems, or unsatisfactory service performance to support continuity and notifying observed improvements for delivery through the continuous service improvement plan.
· Responsible for the Major Incident Management process. Maintain activities such as Major incident review, lessons learnt, maintain rota. Also train all Major Incident managers on the process.
· Ensures that tracking and monitoring of performance of service delivery through all channels (human, digital, self-service, automated) is carried out, metrics and reports are analysed, and issues are resolved and identified improvements are delivered through the Continuous Service Improvement Plan
· Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Educated to RQF Level 3 (A Level) standard or equivalent by experience
· Hold ITIL Practitioner level accreditation or equivalent professional qualification such as VeriSM
· Able to demonstrate good experience in a major incident and problem role preferably working within a large local authority or with a service provider providing Service Management services
· Must demonstrate a track record of working within effective teams delivering high quality Service Management Services that have been proved successful in meeting complex business requirements and in enabling standardisation, simplification, sharing and re-use
· Able to demonstrate a clear understanding and capability to work within relevant ICT related standards including IITIL V3, ISO/IEC 38500, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 22301, ISO/IEC 20000, PRINCE2 and MSP
· Good written, verbal communication and presentational skills
· Good customer service skills
· Focussed, proactive, organised, works well under pressure.
· Good problem-solving techniques.
· Evidence of continual professional development to keep pace with technical and business change that meet defined SFIA V7 competencies.
To read more about us please visit: https://www.workingforessex.com/role/corporate-services
Why Essex? Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career. Read more about us here.
Essex County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Leader. We’re committed to interview all disabled applicants who choose to apply under our Job Interview Scheme if they meet the minimum requirements of the job. Please speak to our Recruiters if you require any reasonable adjustments during the process.
We’re also committed to interview all veterans and care leavers, who meet the minimum requirements of the role for which they are applying.
Please apply via the Working for Essex website, ensuring you provide an up-to-date CV and supporting statement when prompted.
Interviews are expected to be held on Monday 6th and Tuesday 7th February 2023 for candidates successfully shortlisted.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you would like to be kept up to date on other relevant opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news at Essex County Council, please join The Essex Talent Community here .
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email [email protected]
Follow us onFacebook,Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn . Further details can be found on our careers page.
Pay and Reward | Our Ways of Working | About Us | Organisation Behaviours